Job title: Data Architect
Job description: Position Purpose & Summary
In this Consultant + Hands on role, the Data Architect supports the comprehensive architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of a suite of applications, tools & solution options in the Big Data space, also in charge of deliver the project. You will work closely with Solution Architects, Application Architects, Regional Application Portfolio Managers, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements for solution planning and development. You will develop the technology and integration architecture at an enterprise and project level in collaboration with Solution architects, Application Architects and Solution Integrity teams and subject matter experts from Cargill Global IT and business units for assigned solutions.
You are responsible for all technical aspects of a big data ecosystem creating the optimum technical solution in the context of the customer’s environment, requirements, and financial resources; ensuring a quality system design which provides good system performance, an effective human-machine interface, optimal operational cost, and flexibility for future change; maximizing the productivity of the project team by installing an effective development environment, establishing programming, design, and other technical/integration standards, training team members, and providing advisory and trouble-shooting support; providing a focal point for all technical/integration issues and initiatives within that group of regional systems; and ensuring that all components of the technical architecture are properly implemented.
You will manage across multiple technologies and/or functional areas so that solution and development teams(or develop by yourself) are equipped to meet business requirements, design objectives, and understand infrastructure impacts to drive excellence and influence direction in the following areas:
- Eco-System and Strategy for assigned applications
- Lifecycle Management
- Performance Engineering
- Business Continuity Planning
60% Technical Architecture Planning and Development
- Owns the Physical Architecture for an application or suite of applications, ensuring they meet quality principles, EA guidelines, common solutions and services are leveraged, and financial targets (cost and benefits) are met.
- Develops and maintains technical solution architecture by solution definition, technology architecture reviews, and solution selection effort
- Develop the application based on business requirement and solution definition, be able to re-develop the open source product, like Superset, Flask Appbuilder
- Responsible for ensuring the security architecture meets the requirements provided via TGRC for an application or suite of applications
- Responsible for the data and technical architecture and the integration architecture for solutions within their scope
- Responsible for lifecycle roadmap and prioritization of entire tech stack of applications within their scope
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight during solution fit, requirements, and design to ensure that the end to end solution remains aligned to the Technical applications strategy and target architecture.
- Work across technology areas to identify and resolve complex and high-impact issues related to the inter-dependencies between systems on major projects
- Provides subject matter expertise to design, develop, assess and implement complex architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) for business problems in alignment with the assigned applications Solution Architecture direction and standards.
- Interfaces with other Solution Architects, Solution Integrity Analysts, Business Analysts, and BU/Function subject matter experts to execute architecture processes.
- Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for technical application design, infrastructure design, software development design/architecture, data architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Establish priorities and strategies for the application (or suite of applications), ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
- Provides recommendations to assist Regional Applications Portfolio Managers in setting the near-medium term direction, roadmaps and standards for technical, process, and/or infrastructure solutions, ensuring they align to the overall Architecture.
20% Business Partnership
- Work with Business Partnering organization to advise on end to end solution feasibility at the ideation stage.
- Be a value enabler to the business by providing solutions that are stable and at the same time cost effective.
- Proactively bring industry’s best practices for technology to help improve business processes.
- Facilitate the relationship and work between IT and third-party partners.
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, data architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate application portfolio(s) capability needs.
- Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% Architecture Assurance
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the assigned applications portfolio(s) including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
10% IT Innovation & Delivery
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate the Regional Applications Portfolio Managers on opportunities to build better target solution architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance.
- Leads disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; OR equivalent experience
- 7 years experience with diverse operational, development and technology roles
- 3 years architecture experience with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver integrated solutions that meet business goals across infrastructure, enterprise, or solution design
- 3 year experience as an architect using Apache Hadoop and related data technologies such as Sqoop, Kafka/Pulsar, Spark, Hive, Impala, Linux operation and Shell development, Yarn, Map Reduce, Zookeeper. Must be knowledgeable with Hadoop server site configurations as well.
- 3 year experience working with the Cloudera distribution of Hadoop
- 3 years experience with SQL languages
- 3 years Hadoop ecosystem ETL development experience
- Industry certification, for example Redhat Certified Engineer, Cloudera Certified Hadoop and Spark Developer, or equivalent experience
- 1 year experience architect and develop the web application for data management and data visualization independently
- Must be able to pass live coding exam
- 1 year experience working with front end visualization tools like Power BI/Tableau/Superset
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- 2 years experience with Oracle, SQL Server and SAP HANA database platforms
- Experience with the Apache Hadoop based analytics tool of KUDU
- 1 year experience with database and operating system design
- 1 year experience with business process design
- 1 year experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Demonstrated ability in performance tuning methodologies, capacity planning, release management, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Experience on using advances/algorithmic use cases that leverage distributed computing, machine learning and data mining using Spark, R, Python and other tools
- Experience in Data Processing and Access Frameworks such as Hive, Parquet, Oozie
- Knowledge and Experience in developing integrated solutions involved process, data and technology.
- Knowledge and Experience in support business data needs into data architecture requirements, apply multiple data technical solution to business problems.
Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 08:51:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!