Solutions Architect – Amazon Web Services, Beijing
Job title: Solutions Architect – Amazon Web Services, Beijing
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon’s expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers saves substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
Do you like helping customers solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches? Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading the launch of a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS) within strategic accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
· Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
· Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners)
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
· Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
· The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 5+ years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
· Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
· Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
· Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
· Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations in both Putonghua and English
· Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background is highly desired.
Thorough expertise/practice in software development is a great plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Job date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 06:51:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!