Support Escalation Engineer_Mooncake DB
Job title: Support Escalation Engineer_Mooncake DB
Job description: Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
- Help solve technically complex, strategic/high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
- Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
- Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams (e.g. swarming)
- Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
- Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
- Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
- Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
- Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
- Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
- Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
- Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
- Stay up to date on the leading technologies and technical certifications. Contribute to product improvement and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Development and delivery of training in person or remote to share knowledge with other engineers. Mentoring of new engineers
Mandarin Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
Required Soft Skills
Leadership – handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams and development on complex technical issues
Strong communications skills
Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
Logical and Critical thinking
Passion for technology and customer support
Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
Required Technical Skills
Primary responsibilities and knowledge requirements include a thorough understanding of one or more of the following products/technologies:
- SQL Server
- BI like ETL, Data warehousing management, Data Mining, Report Designer or developer
- SQL Azure Database or any other cloud based database
- Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Big Data (Hadoop/Storm/HBase/Spark/Kafka) and Machine Learning knowledge
- Power BI
- At least 5 years of Technical Support experience (in a Tier 2) including experience in a customer facing or customer technical support role.
- SQL Server HA, Performance tuning, Index, Database Administration are strongly preferred.
- MySQL, MongoDB is a big plus.
- Expertise in Java, C#, Python is also a big plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 06:08:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!