Apply for the job now!
Job title: Android Developer
Job description: We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here. Job Description
Android Developer (Remote eligible – UK) Overview of job
We’re looking for a skilled Android Developer, to help drive forward the development of Global Player. 3 best things about the job
- Getting to work on some outstanding products that get used by over 30 million people.
- Work in a team that this is a fun, creative and satisfying place for developers to work.
- Work in a team where we believe in code reviews, paired programming, continuous integration, hack time and investing in developers to make them better.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have
- Gained a proven understanding of the code base and delivered meaningful product features.
- Proven a collaborative approach to delivering solutions.
- Shown a passion to learn new things and to share knowledge with others.
- Proposed solutions and fixes to help us make our app architecture even better.
Responsibilities of the role
- Development on the Android client for Global Player, our multi platform media product.
- Delivering well tested and maintainable solutions, taking part in code reviews to ensure code quality and cross team product awareness.
- Keeping up to date with Android development techniques, so we can evaluate and improve our app over time.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Solid Understanding of Kotlin (primary) and Java (secondary) -while we still have legacy Java code it’s being replaced as we work on features.
- A dedication to testing – experience of writing & maintaining unit tests; mocking frameworks and a passion for test-driven development.
- Familiarity with Rx Patterns and the usage of RxJava,
- Working knowledge of popular Android Architectural patterns (we use MVI).
- Experience of agile practices and working in a sociable, multi-functional team.
- Experience designing web-based APIs and clients for efficient consumption on mobile networks.
Bonus points if you tick any of the following boxes…
- Experience with building web APIs in Python, we use Django, Flask and Sanic.
- Experience building media apps in Android.
- Experience with Android Auto/Automotive.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to build an inclusive culture for everyone.
We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you. Where you’ll be
We have Globallers working all over the UK, so there’s plenty of flexibility in supporting your best way of working.
You can be based from anywhere in the UK and when you fancy some office vibes, we’ve got multiple UK locations to choose to work from.
And to make sure you don’t miss a thing, we’ll bring the team together in our London office a couple of times a month too.
Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 08:09:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!