Full Stack Software Developer (C#/SQL)
Apply for the job now!
Job title: Full Stack Software Developer (C#/SQL)
Company: Heron Foods
Job description: Full Stack Software Developer (C# / SQL), Hull (home based 4 days per week) salary circa £38,000 – £40,000 (dependent upon experience) plus other benefits including 30 days holiday, private healthcare, pension, staff discount across Heron Foods and B&M.
Heron Foods is a food retail business providing its customers with high quality, low priced products. Since joining forces with B&M we have continued with our ambitious and exciting growth plans, now with 300 stores and with new store openings month-by-month. Heron Foods offers the opportunity to work within a rewarding environment with excellent development opportunities. This an exciting time to join our business! We are now looking to appoint a Software Developer in to support the growing team.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager you will work in an agile development team to design, further develop and support the bespoke software solutions used within Heron Foods which will help to drive the transformation of the retail, warehouse and transport processes of a large retail business. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Designing, developing and supporting new features for the existing bespoke retail management systems, green field software products, reports and dashboards within the internal reporting systems and ETL processes and data structures for the data warehouse
- Meeting key deadlines without loss of software quality
- Work within the software development team to provide support and information to the business
Successful Software Developer applications will ideally have the following;
- C# and .NET skills with knowledge of Windows Presentation Foundation, object-oriented programming, Generics, LINQ, Reflection, Asynchronous programming and the Task Parallel Library
- SQL Server development skills with knowledge of database schema design, and development and troubleshooting using T-SQL
- Experience with the use of source code repositories and branching using Git or a similar tool
- Experience with test-driven design and mocking
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- A commitment to producing high quality results
- Good communication skills, openness, honesty and a willingness to work as part of a team
Beneficial skills and knowledge
- Use of agile principles and practices including experience of Scrum, Kanban or a similar approach within an actively collaborative team
- Knowledge of ServiceStack for the delivery of a web service API
- Experience of creating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience of creation of OLAP cubes and their constituent parts using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Experience of working from home
If you’re a mid/senior level Developer or graduated a couple of years ago who holds industry experience, we’d love to hear from you. With the role being home based 4 days a week we’re happy to speak to people who live in locations such as, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, York, Nottingham or Lincoln, who are within a 2 hour commute of the Store Support Centre.
Additional key words: Software Developer, Full Stack Developer, Software Engineer, C# Developer, .NET Developer, Developer Hours 37.5
Department Store Support Centre
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £38,000 – £40,000
Expected salary: £38000 – 40000 per year
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 02:21:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!