Apply for the job now!
Job title: Fullstack Developer
Job description: Mail Technology is the engineering arm across the dmg media set of companies owned by
Leading Information Technologies Company (Daily Mail & General Trust). These include many well known and most loved brands including Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro and The i. Through our national newspapers, websites and mobile services, we connect with over 45% of the UKs adult population with over 130 million consumer touch points per month.
We are looking for a seasoned full-stack polyglot engineer to design, build and operate web and workflows solutions.
Your focus will be group wide technology projects that will involve working across a number of brands and products, in a highly collaborative environment in which you will have a strong input and the opportunity to build experience and responsibilities across the business.
- Apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development and testing of critical components that are part of our estate.
- Collaborate with the product owners and development team to turn ideas and requirements into well considered solutions that work in the real world.
- Work with DevOps to manage solutions from development through to deployment
- Communicate on progress, risks and issues.
- Roll up your sleeves and code along with your team.
- Write maintainable software that is usable, secure, reliable, scalable and performant.
- Ruthless at refactoring, cleaning up code and concepts as you go towards building a better designed system.
- Holistic problem solving within a given set of constraints and knowing when those constraints should be challenged.
- Willing to acquire new skills as a task requires
At least three years’ experience with:
- A relevant back-end programming language e.g. NodeJS, Play/Scala
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions
- Server management and deployment e.g. Linux, nginx, infrastructure as code
- Source code management and collaboration e.g. git, Jira, and Confluence
Experience with all or most: Typescript, NodeJS, Express, NestJS, Angular, Bootstrap, CSS/SCCS, NoSQL/DynamoDB, SQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL, Linux/UNIX
- Hands-on experience with AWS features, both serverless and traditional e.g. API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, EC2, IAM, RDS, S3, CDK etc.
- Any familiarity with Java, Scala/Play, iOS development, Android development, C# .NET, PHP, Jenkins, OpenID Connect / OAuth 2.0 would be a benefit.
What we can offer…
In return for their energy and ideas we ensure our people are well rewarded. Our benefits package increases the longer you’ve been with us. Here’s what to expect:
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing by 1 per year up to a total of 30)
- Upon joining you will be automatically enrolled onto the PensionSaver (Auto) Plan at the minimum level of 5% employee contribution, 3% Company contribution.
- Life cover under the PensionSaver Plan of up to 3x your basic salary.
- Leading Information Technologies Company Discounts (for discounts on online shopping, vouchers and reloadable cards)
- Subsidised canteen
- Onsite gym (Northcliffe House only)
- Onsite nurse and GP clinics (Northcliffe House only)
- Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Discounted dining cards
Plus many other benefits….
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.
Location: Kensington, West London
Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:19:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!