Apply for the job now!
Job title: Data Engineer
Job description: The purpose of the Data Engineer is to evolve a Data Platform based on open-source and AWS components to service New Energy Platforms (NEP).
The platform will be NEP’s end-to-end data solution from ingesting data from energy meters and other sources; validating and storing data; aggregating information, providing a platform to run data-science algorithms; and delivering information back to products; third parties and other systems. You will also work on the data lake for business and partnerships with the aim of democratising data within the business.
You will be reporting to the Head of Data Platforms and will work closely with data scientists, data analysts and Devops engineers- ensuring that the business receives the solutions they need.
New Energy Platform is a new business unit, which will provide low-cost, digital-first, hassle-free energy to consumers and small businesses in the UK. Our ambition is to be the largest energy supplier in the UK for residential and small businesses, with a brilliant service that is effortless, reliable, hassle-free and low-cost. We need your help to make this happen…
The Metering Performance Manager is responsible for keeping the day-to-day metering processes running smoothly and ensuring performance metrics are on track. From meter installs to back office processes, the role will ensure that customer promises are kept and that we deliver low cost, compliant outcomes for NEP.
- Writing production quality code including extensive test coverage.
- Designing data systems that will scale to large numbers of users.
- Peer review other engineer’s code to ensure quality.
- Deploy services to staging and production environments.
- Support production services including participation in rotation with others in the team
- Drive best practices across teams and products for data-driven product development and delivery
- Use Github when required to enable code re-use across the team
- Work in an Agile environment tracking your tasks using ADO
- Work alongside other members of the Data Team on large projects to meet deadlines and requirements set by our stakeholders
- Experience of working as a developer in a cross-functional team.
- Significant experience in the software engineering field, preferably within a data discipline.
- Good knowledge of Python and concurrent programming
- Quick learner with eagerness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies
- Willing to learn Data Science algorithms and produce code to implement them at scale
- Experience in working with the following technologies:
- AWS (Redshift, S3, Kinesis, Lambdas especially)
- Apache Airflow (non-essential but nice to have)
- Familiarity with deployment & container technologies including Jenkins, Docker, Serverless
- Interest in Real time and distributed systems
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Location: United Kingdom – Ireland
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 23:07:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!