Senior Back End Software Engineer
Apply for the job now!
Job title: Senior Back End Software Engineer
Company: Smart Bear
Job description: Are you an engineer looking to work on the project of your career? SmartBear is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for developing products other engineers want to use. SmartBear helps the world’s most recognized companies develop the world’s best applications. SmartBear has played a role in the ride you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased.
SwaggerHub is an integrated API development platform aimed at teams using the Swagger framework to design, build, document and deploy APIs. SwaggerHub enables collaboration and coordination through the entire API lifecycle with integrations to toolsets such as, AWS, GitHub, Apigee as well as other SmartBear products.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will work on tangible industry leading API development products that hundreds of thousands of software developers worldwide use daily while gaining exposure to cutting-edge development technology leveraging server-side and micro-services development tools.
- Tackle interesting challenges as we continue evolving our technology and cloud-based solutions
- Work within a collaborative team of developers, testers, UX designers, and more, geographically spread across our different locations
- Implement new functionality in close cooperation with our stakeholders
- Write performance optimized code to service both 3rd party and our own front end applications
- Engage in peer design and code reviews
- Maintain test coverage
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related domains
- 8+ years of Java development experience
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming and writing maintainable code
- Experience in modern version control systems such as Git & GitHub
- Experience designing and consuming web services (REST APIs)
- Experience with RDBMS (E.g. Postgres) – schema / query design & implementation
- Knowledge of design patterns and performance best practices
- Agile development team experience
- English at least on B2 level
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”. SmartBear was named a leader in the 2018 and 2019 Magic Quadrants for Software Test Automation, with the highest position for Ability to Execute by Gartner.
- We are a vibrant, fast-moving company. We care about our employees and provide extensive professional guidance through mentoring, coaching and training to help them establish and grow their careers.
- Open and Collaborative – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate and fun environment.
- Employee Benefits including competitive industry salaries, Private Medical Care, Multisport, snacks, integration events.
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at , or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Drop files here
Drop files here
SmartBear has my consent to collect, store, and process my data for the purpose of considering me for employment, and for up to 1825 days thereafter. *
Job date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 03:40:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!