Senior Cloud Back-End Developer
Apply for the job now!
Job title: Senior Cloud Back-End Developer
Job description: Introduction
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Cloud Databases team mission is to provide and operate Databases as a Service in IBM’s Public Cloud. As a rapidly successful and growing offering, we are looking for motivated candidates that help us expand our portfolio and bring in MySQL as our next secure, highly available and compliant data service offering.
A successful applicant must possess excellent software development and testing skills, as well as working knowledge of relational databases and distributed systems – especially for MySQL. The ability to learn new skills and concepts rapidly and work independently is essential. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations.
This role will give you the unique opportunity to apply your deep database expertise to:
– Design, implement, and operate large scale, a new database offering for MySQL, that enables new high-availability, resiliency, and security features on top of a containerized runtime (kubernetes)
– Consult and coach clients with troubleshooting guidance, performance tuning and related tasks to provide a high available and reliable database experience for the new database service
– Lead and counsel team members as they execute on new features, develop runbooks, and operate production databases
You can learn more about our offerings and excellence by checking out https://www.ibm.com/cloud/databases.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– 5 years of non-internship professional software development experience
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Experience with designing and delivering distributed software with at least one programming language like Python, Java, C++ or Golang
– Experience with cloud development environments including strong Linux skills and applicable knowledge in containerisation and respective technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
– Strive to work in a global, multicultural and diverse environment
– Experience with monitoring and operating production components
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
– Experience in Software Engineering
– Experience with large scale distributed systems
– Experience in designing, delivering, operating, and troubleshooting mission-critical production systems
– Experience in designing applications and data models for any type of relational database
– Knowledge of the IBM Cloud ecosystem
Job date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 23:58:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!