Apply for the job now!
Job title: Java Developer
Job description: Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. They face multiple challenges associated with high performance, distributed systems, and processing large volumes of data in real time.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us develop a best in class real time platform
What you will do
- Building systems to enable real time capabilities across an extensive range of market leading voice, video and messaging API services
- You will use the latest real time data processing technologies such as Kafka to achieve your goals
- Create scalable microservices that will help support our impressive growth
- Write efficient and scalable code
- Develop on a public cloud infrastructure
What we value
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
- AWS (S3, EMR, Redshift, …)
- Anything needed to achieve our goals
What you will bring:
- Excellent software engineering skills in Java
- An excellent practical understanding of high performance, highly distributed computing
- Experience working on high availability systems with that deal will thousands of requests a second
- An understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
- Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures, web services and caching.
- Experience dealing with event-driven pipeline (Kafka or other).
- Willingness to learn and use different technology/programming language.
- Experience working with public cloud. AWS would be advantageous
- SQL / NoSQL
- Practical experience of deploying code in a modern programming environment using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)
We value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 03:32:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!