Lead Front-End Developer
Apply for the job now!
Job title: Lead Front-End Developer
Job description: RAC are now recruiting for a Lead Front End Developer to join the Digital Development Team in Bristol on a permanent basis.
You can expect to lead and architect the enhancement and refactoring of the user interface of the RAC browser-based interfaces, undertaking activities in scrum / agile to build and deliver solutions for our customers across all web platforms. This role will also be responsible for line managing a team of up to 5 Front End & Mobile App Developers, offering support, completing 121’s and reviews as well as managing HR Processes. There will be multiple projects running at one time so will be required to achieve tight deadlines and work with the Senior Front-End Developers to ensure budgets are being met and project time scales are being adhered to. This role will suit someone who enjoys working on legacy products and maintaining to improve enhancements.
- Form a vital part of our front-end team and support the creation of an environment of collaboration, support and fun to ensure both the team and the business enjoy working together.
- Work with the senior developers to deliver the highest quality of work and complete projects within sprint timeframes.
- Always implementing best practice, delivering internal communications and trialling new tools and approaches whilst adhering to RAC governance.
- Adopt web design principles to ensure sites render across multiple devices to deliver a growing membership base in line with RAC’s vision and strategy.
- Create coding in collaboration with our backend developers to provide test activities to the test team in-line with agreed sprint cycles for deployment and digital releases.
- Assist in the development of procedures to help deliver high performance through promotional and tactical offers to increase company revenue.
- Risk identification, and documentation of code and content to help the wider team share knowledge efficiently and to maintain governance and version control in line with company policies and procedures.
- Provide line manage for a team of Front End and Mobile App developers following the RAC practice
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
In return, we offer a competitive salary and on target annual company bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days annual leave, free on-site parking across all 3 sites and free RAC breakdown cover. We also offer a range of other flexible employee benefits for you to choose from.
Location: Bristol Area
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 01:39:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!