Mid Level Full Stack Developer
Apply for the job now!
Job title: Mid Level Full Stack Developer
Job description: We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer (Mid-Level) to join our team in London as part of our Product Development function.
By way of background: Ascential does business intelligence (helping people in companies figure out what’s going on in the world) and events (1000s of people coming together to learn and make connections and celebrate). Business areas include retail, creativity (yep, that’s a business area), fintech, fashion, property.
We work in cross-skilled teams of 6-8 people, including developers and designers, on mostly greenfield projects for many parts of Ascential. We’re building web applications to bring together the physical and digital experiences of Ascential’s industry-leading events and business intelligence platforms.
We believe in TDD, clean architecture, pair programming, and listening to each other. We’re self-disciplined yet flexible, and regularly review our practices during weekly retrospectives and sprint reviews. We enjoy speaking directly to the customers and stakeholders who will be using the platforms you build.
- Greenfield Project that enables cross-domain multi-platform Single Sign On (SSO)
- Develop a digital content platform that enables and inspires creatives to produce ground-breaking work in the ad industry
- Development of platform, supporting technical decisions
- Support of platform(s)
- Architectural design
- Solving problems by provisioning technical solutions
- Skilled programming in Node.js
- Jest, Enzyme,Storybook
- Webpack, Babel
- HTML, CSS3, Less, Styled-components
- Component Libraries, responsive styling and design patterns
- Best Practices around UX
- Cloud Experience. Serverless and AWS (Lambda, S3, Cloudfront)
- Building and consuming REST APIs
Nice if you can demonstrate:
- Exposure to GraphQL & Headless CMS
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Share knowledge and experience, particularly in guiding more junior developers, to improve the code quality and practices across the team
- Expertise in Microservices
- Isomorphic Apps
- Appreciation of modern application development practices, i.e. TDD, SOLID principles
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?
Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 07:32:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!