PHP Developer (Manchester)
Apply for the job now!
Job title: PHP Developer (Manchester)
Job description: As the UK’s No.1 Kitchen Retailer and No.1 Retail business to work for as voted by our employees, you may be aware that we design, manufacture and distribute quality kitchens for our customers across the UK.
But what you may not be aware of is the over 100 strong IT team within our business which continuously creates innovative technology solutions to keep us at the forefront of our industry. Our talented Developers really are the heartbeat of our business!
At Wren, technology controls everything we do from the industry leading CAD based planner system which our tech team continuously develop, to the VR systems deployed in our state-of-art showrooms which were developed, from scratch, internally. Plus, let’s also mention the internal systems and apps we have produced for our manufacturing, transport, installation and customer service functions – all created and developed by our tech team to keep Wren Kitchens performing at its optimum level.
About The Role
Due to expansion we are opening a brand new IT Hub in Manchester City Centre. This is an opportunity to work in state of the art offices in the Oxford Road joining a team of talented PHP developers.
Our PHP developers contribute to improvements, new features and maintenance of our Symfony 4/5 based web applications.
We’re constantly investing in growing our business, from our future £120million investment at our Head Office as well as our big plans to add more showrooms across the UK and USA!
- Build and maintain Wren’s custom built, cutting edge applications (Symfony 4/5 based)
- Write clean code that is clear and understandable by other
- Contribute to project estimations
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work with senior developers, business stakeholders and development team to understand the initial scope for a new project
What we are looking for:
At least 2 years’ experience in creating and maintaining object oriented PHP7 based systems
- An understanding of the MVC approach to development
- Experience of working with MySQL 5+
- Experience of using version control systems (such as Git) as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to describe technical issues to a none technical audience
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- A passion for adhering to coding standards and clean code
- Ability to mentor and support more junior members covering technical and non-technical skills
- Has a keen eye for detail
Job date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 02:23:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!