PHP Software Developer
Apply for the job now!
Job title: PHP Software Developer
Company: JVP Group
Job description: Software Developer – PHP working knowledge essential.
Option to work from home / remote working within the UK, with visits to the Manchester office as required.
LGH was founded in Manchester in 1970 and the company quickly grew to be a major player in the British lifting business, helping all kinds of clients, from North Sea oil and gas operations off the coast of Scotland, to construction companies in the heart of the capital.
Today, we have grown to over 20 locations in the US and 9 locations in the UK and Europe, employing over 300 people and handling many thousands of assets from the world’s leading manufacturers – and that is just the start. Over the next 30 years we plan to open 30 new depots, exploring new markets from Moscow to Dubai, extending our global reach and establishing LGH as the number one lifting gear experts worldwide.
We have an exciting opening for a Software Developer with working knowledge of PHP, to undertake a role where you can truly make your mark as part of a dynamic, forward thinking team within our ambitious and growing company.
The Role – Software Developer (PHP)
As a Software Developer you will thrive working on a diverse range of projects, building and developing web-based software applications.
Reporting to the Senior Software Developer, your primary role will be working on in-house bespoke systems, developing new features, upgrading existing functionality, bug fixing and providing ad-hoc support to the wider team when required.
You’ll also be working with some of the latest technology, and will take responsibility for researching, developing, implementing and testing a range of business-focused software products, ensuring high quality, creative solutions identified, and playing a key role in driving the business forward.
Our Requirements – Software Developer (PHP)
- Proven experience within a Software Developer role
- Proven experience working with PHP
- Laravel and Codelgniter framework experience
- Ability to write database queries in MySQL language
- Object oriented coding skills
- Knowledge of version control software using GIT
- Superb communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
You will be joining a supportive and professional team where you will be encouraged to bring your ideas to the table and have a voice within the business. Benefits include:
- Permanent contract with full time hours Monday to Friday, usually 9am to 5pm, with some occasional weekend and after hours work required to meet business needs
- Salary in the region of £25,000 to £30,000 with the level dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare following successful completion of probation period
Due to current Government restrictions, you will be required to work from home initially, and you can continue to do so on a permanent basis if preferrable, with visits to our office in Atherton (Greater Manchester) as required.
All applications for this Software Developer (PHP) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Expected salary: £30000 per year
Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:08:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!