Apply for the job now!
Job title: Platform Architect
Company: GCS Recruitment Specialists
Job description: Platform Architect – Fleet – Up to £82k DOE
As a Platform Architect you will be the platform lead bridging the gap between product owners, architects and development teams, within the boundaries of a platform on an initiative.
- Experienced software developer.
- Experienced in technical leadership of software applications.
- Experienced of working within teams.
- Modern and broad technology skillset including Java
- Experienced in design documentation with formal and informal methodologies
- Experienced in delivering functional & non-functional requirements
- Experienced implementing business critical projects of large scope and technical complexity.
- Must possess the judgement to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and a wide degree of creativity and flexibility with regard to technology is expected
- Enterprise frameworks e.g. Spring , DROOLS
- Web services including REST
- Messaging & streaming middleware e.g. RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kafka
- Big data frameworks e.g. Hadoop, Spark
- Relational and non-relational databases e.g. MariaDB, HBase, DynamoDB
- Micro services experience
- Cloud infrastructure e.g. AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Lambdas, EC2s, Spring boot services)
- Continuous Integration & deployment e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform.
- UNIX/Linux scripting
As an experienced Platform Lead you will:
- Responsible for the platform’s end to end technical solution for an initiative.
- Starts work on the initiative solution from the beginning and sees it through to production.
- Acts as a conduit between architecture and the teams.
- Acts as a conduit between different teams
- Day to day point of contact for any technical issues related to overall solution and design
- Responsible for working closely with the teams to ensure they stay aligned with the solution and have the help they need.
- Responsible for any escalations as and when needed in case of delays and blockers.
- Act as a technical product owner to all teams in the initiative.
- Develop and lead proof of concepts for future solutions relevant to initiatives.
- Groom business features with business stakeholders.
- Define and own technical features.
- Estimation of initiatives and features.
- Recommend team resourcing changes to management to enhance business value delivery.
- Working with management and teams to improve and communicate development processes and practices.
Location commutable from Guildford, Farnborough, Slough, London, Croydon, Staines, Reading, Farnham, Bracknell, Southampton, Newbury.
If this is something that may be of an interest to yourself please send your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
AWS JAVA ARCHITECTURE PLATFORM DROOLS
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Expected salary: £70000 – 82000 per year
Job date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 03:22:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!