Apply for the job now!
Job title: Software Developer
Job description: Software Developer
XLN are looking for a Software Developer that can manage, maintain and improve XLN Telecom’s internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and related systems with the guidance of our other Software Developers.
The ideal person will be comfortable asking ‘why’, and is not afraid to ask for help, you will be a team player have good technical skills and have an enthusiasm to learn and explore new technologies, you will have a ‘let’s give it a go’ attitude.
What’s on offer?
A fantastic opportunity to learn new technologies and familiarise yourself with some older ones, you will become part of the XLN family and will work with other software experts to create cutting edge software to help propel XLN into the future.
Benefits: Health plan, free fruit Mondays, free breakfast on Fridays, option to Work from Home, additional incentives and social days out.
- Maintain and improve XLN Telecom’s internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and related systems under guidance from our team of Software Developers, and technology team.
- Develop software solutions for business problems and help to automate business processes.
- Follow software development guidelines as defined in the XLN Standards & Procedures.
- Work closely and effectively with Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Engineers to ensure software solutions are delivered in a timely fashion and to requirements.
- Solve problems independently and collaborate effectively with colleagues, conduct research and gather information as necessary to meet the needs of the project or task.
- Propose and implement solutions for tickets assigned during the Agile sprint cycle.
- Understand the wider business practices and processes to ensure effective software solutions are delivered.
- Implement solutions for functional and technical specification documents as provided by Senior Developers.
- Be focused on striving to meet all deadlines in the Project. Meet key project milestones by delivering functional and maintainable code.
- Aid Senior Developers to update the project deployment plan with key information to ensure a smooth release to production systems.
- Be confident in Communicating problems and proposed solutions to other Software Development team.
- Consult colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and ask questions to obtain information and clarify details.
- Update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house training and courses, reading manuals and business process documents.
- Research and recommend new approaches and suggest improvements, in particular automation of processes wherever possible.
- Always raise any issues, concerns or ideas about all technical and non-technical aspects related to the functioning of the Engineering Department in particular and XLN in general to your supervisor as soon as possible.
Experience/ qualifications and skills required:
- Three-year university degree or equivalent in a computing discipline
- Thorough understanding of software development, specifically knowledge of Object-Oriented design principles
- Software development troubleshooting, fault-finding and debugging skills.
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Containerisation (Docker etc.)
- Angular (Version 4+), Typescript
- AWS Services (S3, SQS, SNS, EC2 etc.)
- SOLID Principles
- Unit Testing Frameworks (XUnit, NUnit)
- IOC/Dependency Injection
- Knowledge of the principles of Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience developing three-tier web architectures
- Understanding of event-based architectures
- Understanding of Agile programming methodologies
Expected salary: £35000 per year
Job date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 01:42:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!