Apply for the job now!
Job title: Technical Manager
Job description: We believe in championing the diverse perspectives, experiences, voices, and abilities of our employees, travelers, candidates, business partners, and industry peers. This inspires us to think bigger, act more fearlessly, improve constantly, and always remember – we are better together.
TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 500 million travellers each month.
The Oxford office is looking for a technical manager to join our fast-growing Engineering team. This role gives the flexibility to work from home and from the office.
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Across TripAdvisor, we’ve worked hard to create an atmosphere of “Speed Wins” – minimising process, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organisation; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of between 4 and 8 software developers. You will be responsible for the team’s remit and the quality of its output.
- Work alongside other stakeholders across the business to determine your team’s priorities, and guide the team to successful delivery.
- Coach and grow the engineers you manage, helping them develop their skills and advance their careers.
- Show leadership as a hands-on developer when necessary. Our stack includes Java, React, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases, all running on Linux and in AWS.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Work alongside other engineering teams and leaders located around the world.
What we’re looking for
- At least 8 years’ commercial software development experience, including technical leadership.
- Experience of directly line managing engineers, including evidence of mentoring and growing other developers.
- Strong technical skills:
- A history of web development with a first class object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Good understanding of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS).
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 00:34:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!