Back End Developer
Job title: Back End Developer
Company: DS Systems
Job description: Looking for Sr. Back End developer with 8+ years of experience in the following discipline:
Top 7 required:
- 8-10 years of Software Engineering experience
- JAVA 8/11
- Nice to have familiarity and experience with:
- You know (and can explain) networking, and how to tell when it’s not working as expected.
- You know what “big data” means and (just as importantly) doesn’t mean.
- You know what Artifactory and Docker bring to the development process.
- You know why your code needs testing, and how to do that repeatably.
- You know why automated builds and deployments matter and know what that’s called.
- You’ve built scalable products that would be characterized as one or more of: distributed services, e-commerce, and fault tolerance.
- You can estimate levels of effort consistently, particularly in the context of comparing technical paths.
- You understand that teams are built on trust and commitment as least as much as they are on slick code.
- You have experience with technical debt.
- You’ve worked in the Agile model (ideally Scrum).
- You like understanding the goal and figuring out the best way to get there on your own, and articulating and selling your team on your solution, instead of having each step handed to you.
Key Words: GIT, Docker, Artifactory, Jenkins, VersionOne, Subversion, Agile, Sprints cycles, Data analysis, reports, customer presentations, Showcases, Database views.
DS Systems LLC is a small woman owned IT staffing agency based in Washington DC area. We specialize in direct hire, contract to hire, and temporary placements. We match your skills set and experience with the right employer and work with your through the entire life of your placement. www.dssystems1.com
Location: Manassas, VA
Job date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 04:38:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!