Back End Developer
Job title: Back End Developer
Company: Vehicle History
Job description: Senior Back End Developer (PHP)
Who are we?
VehicleHistory.com provides critical automotive information & history reports at no cost to our users. With millions of visitors every month and a rapidly growing presence within our industry, VehicleHistory.com is positioned to become one of the leading sources for automotive research. We deliver crash test ratings, recall information, and accident records to ensure our customers have everything they need to make a smart car buying decision.
What do we need?
We are looking for a Back End Engineer with direct experience with PHP code and maintaining challenging backend features while showing competency in basic frontend tasks.
Who are we looking for?
The right blend of ‘constant learner’ with a ‘team first’ mentality. We are a small but mighty development team and we need someone who understands that we are entering into our hockey stick growth pattern.
What have we done lately?
We decreased our load time from 4.9 seconds to just under 1 second (beating out the best in the industry) and added a content strategy to our deck which should increase traffic significantly.
Back End Engineer Developer Responsibilities
- Advanced PHP development using OOP & open source
- Collaborate in an agile development environment to code features & hotfixes
- Research internet concepts, new technologies and industry trends.
- Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services.
- Develop databases that can process millions of requests per day and have the ability to enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with frameworks such as Symfony
- Proficient with the command line in NUX environments
- Practices TDD/BDD to create automated tests with PHPUnit & Behat
- Experience creating RESTFUL API’s
- Strong MYSQL Experience
Benefits & Perks:
- The hustle of a fast growing company with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments and gym reimbursement
- Continued education and conferences to stay current with the latest technologies
*** PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR GITHUB ACCOUNT, STACK OVERFLOW ACCOUNT, AND/OR PORTFOLIOIN YOUR RESUME.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flexible schedules
- Employee discounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Other types of insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Paid time off
- Child Care benefits
- Retirement benefits or accounts
VehicleHistory.com is the most comprehensive resource for vehicle history reports. We have simplified the process allowing you to compare automotive information using vehicle model and year or VIN lookup www.Vehiclehistory.com
Expected salary: $80000 – 125000 per year
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 00:46:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!