Job title: Back-end Developer
Company: Active Theory
Job description: is an award-winning creative studio based in Los Angeles and Amsterdam. We strive to make the best digital experiences for clients all around the world, and are growing. We’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering high quality interactive projects for the web, installations, and in mixed reality.
We are actively seeking a backend developer to be part of our multidisciplinary project teams and will be responsible for underlying tech and backend components. Must be proficient in developing secure and performant applications in Node.js, as well as Firebase database services.
Some recent projects include:
- Plan, prototype, scope and develop backend components. Requirements can vary significantly with the client, particular creative execution and technical requirements, but ultimately you will be responsible for backend components with each project.
- Learn, champion and build upon Medusa, our backend framework, to continually improve functionality and maintain reusable modules.
- Collaborate closely with small, multidisciplinary teams of frontend developers, designers, 3D artists and producers to develop backend features, primarily in Node.js and Firebase backend services.
- Work closely with backend and ops teams to continually evolve, improves practices and processes.
- Setup and integrate CMS systems such as
- At least 2+ years developing secure, production ready web applications in Node.js
- Proficient and experience with Cloud Firestore, Firebase Realtime Database and writing security rules.
- Experience working on web applications at scale with high concurrent users.
- Familiar with multiplayer concepts and able to maintain and develop features to both server and client ends of WebSockets applications.
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas for maintainability, performance and scale.
- Experience working with modern, headless CMS such as Contentful,
. * Ability to manage your time independently, and communicate effectively while working remotely.
- Ability to support multiple project tasks, with leadership from mid to senior level developer-teammates
We are now accepting remote applicants – US or Europe timezone preferred. This is a short-term contract position with a view to go full-time (freelancers are welcome). Compensation based on experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, FSA, 401k
Expected salary: $80000 per year
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 23:50:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!