Back End Engineer
Job title: Back End Engineer
Company: BizzyCar, Inc.
Job description: BizzyCar is looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Excellent understanding of Ruby on Rails and PostGres.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of Ruby on Rails back-end programming language
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
BizzyCar is a B2B SaaS company that develops software for automotive dealers in the United States. We are on a mission to improve the customer experience when it comes to automotive care for consumers by creating elegant solutions that allow consumers to get their cars repaired without ever leaving home or work. BizzyCar is a fast paced environment where we solve complex problems in tight deadlines. We are a dispersed team but get together quarterly in person to maintain a tight company culture. Established leadership team has experience growing high value companies in short time periods and rewarding employees with equity returns and well paying jobs. Competitive pay, equity, & medical benefits.
Expected salary: $90000 – 110000 per year
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:37:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!