Front End Developer
Job title: Front End Developer
Company: Greenpeace, Inc.
Job description: Greenpeace USA is hiring a Front End Developer to join our fast-paced, innovative, and dynamic online team and lead projects within our priority campaigns that will deepen the engagement of our donors, activists, and members in more meaningful ways.
If you love the idea of working with a collaborative, creative team to win victories for the climate and our environment, then this job just might be for you.
Greenpeace takes on some of the world’s biggest corporations and polluters to stand up for a green future. And we win: just last year, we and our allies stopped Shell from drilling in the Arctic. Business Insider called our campaigning strategy “devastatingly effective.” As the Front End Developer, you would be on the frontlines of this strategy, working closely with our campaign project teams across the organization, making digital magic happen.
We’re looking for a strong coder and designer to ensure a great user experience starting with a functional and attractive digital environment. The Front End Developer will also be responsible for managing vendor relationships and building innovative new tools to better engage our supporters.
This results-oriented position reports directly to the Digital Director.
The Front End Developer is responsible for:
- Developing, creating, and promoting digital materials aimed at supporter engagement for use by Greenpeace USA and other Greenpeace offices around the world.
- Leading cross-departmental project teams with components in tech, design and content
- Developing functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Providing website maintenance and enhancements
- Using a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Writing functional requirement documents and specifications
- Creating quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assisting back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Creating cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintaining graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Staying up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promoting usability best practices
- Working collaboratively with the visuals team, online team, and vendors on website and online collateral design
- Leading innovative projects that better engage supporters online
- Representing Greenpeace USA’s website development work both internally and externally, and with global Greenpeace projects / groups
Minimum requirements for the Front End Developer are:
- At least 3 years experience in front end development
- A strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress, as well as software programs like the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- An understanding of the entire web development process in a collaborative environment, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge,
- Knowledge of CRMs and data management
- Proficiency with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. And testing tools such as Optimizely, Google Optimize, and Crazy Egg.
- Comfort with and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced campaigning environment, including juggling multiple priorities and with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Time management and organizational skills, including experience with project administration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Commitment to people-powered campaigning/organizing.
- Strong commitment to the organization’s emphasis on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
If you want to jump into the fight to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate.
Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact .
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 6% 401K matching. New staff members receive 3 weeks vacation, 10 sick days, 2 personal days in their first year. Additionally we are closed Christmas eve through New Year’s day.
After 1 year of service staff members receive 20 weeks of fully paid parental leave and after five years, staff are eligible for a 12 week paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.
Salary for this position starts at $70,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Expected salary: $70000 per year
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 08:13:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!