Job title: Front-End Developer
Job description: Introduction
Revolutionize the genomics industry!
We are launching a stealth start-up created to manage bioinformatic computations at scale. Financially backed and operationally supported by IBM, this start-up is well positioned to transform the way biotech, pharma, and research organizations discover insights and breakthroughs.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive compensation package, autonomy to shape the direction of this initiative, and opportunity for career advancement.
You will enter a highly motivated team, coming from different disciplines and walks of life. We believe great teams bring great ideas to life. We value proactive team members with a strong sense of ownership, people who are able to imagine the world they want to live in and are ready to solve any problem to make it happen.
You’ll get the exciting opportunity to join us and shape our initiative’s future from the beginning.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Front-End Developer, you will work in an agile, collaborative environment across software architecture, understanding both front-end and back-end concerns, while specializing in the front-end. We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and adept at clear communication.
You will work closely with designers to take wireframes from conception to implementation and work closely with back-end developers to ensure implemented UI code is unit tested and production-code ready.
· Collaborate closely with product, design, and front-end teams to implement new features and drive customer acquisitions
· Code user interfaces, including interactions, responsive layouts, and styling
· Contribute to a high-quality performance code base, further improving the code base through writing unit tests, automation, and code reviews
· Use and contribute to the our Design System to implement UIs
· Ensure user interfaces are accessible and enhance the performance of the application
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related area is required. This is a long-term supplemental position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of Angular development
- 2+ years of CSS/SCSS programming experience
- Familiarity with NodeJS/Express programming
- Web application development experience
- Hands-on development and delivery expertise with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software
- Demonstrated people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Experience working with Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD etc.
- Use creativity and judgment towards professional technical, or operational problems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise implementing technical web apps such as cloud portals
- Experience using design systems such as Carbon
- Background in data visualization, statistics, or bioinformatics is a plus
- Experience with front-end testing tools such as Selenium
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 23:50:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!