Front End Java Developer
Job title: Front End Java Developer
Company: Smith Johnson & Associates
Job description: Are you a talented Angular 2+ Web Developer? Do you want to work with great team members?
Then the Web Development Team supporting the organization wants you. Our team, the Enterprise Services Team, is a development and project management team that provides support for both external and internal applications for the organization.
Application size ranges from small to large. The team provides programming support for all web development. Web applications written and maintained by our team are typically Java, with Spring MVC, Angular, and Oracle.
Although we do also support both web and desktop applications written with Microsoft based technologies including but not limited to asp.net, asp.net core, and XAML.
We are currently working toward containerization of our applications and then moving them to AWS. Additionally, there are seven project managers on our team with approximately 60 on-going projects. There are two Quality Assurance testers that support development accuracy and one information analyst responsible for accessibility testing.
Qualifications Web Design:
- Strong skills in HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors such as SASS
- Skilled in responsive design utilizing CSS media queries
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements for visually challenged users
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap 4
- Understanding of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) in improving user experience & usability
Front End Development:
- Knowledge of and experience with Angular 2+ Framework (We currently use Angular 9+)
- Translate visual and written designs into efficient front-end components
- Establish and implement best practices and standards for all front-end visuals
- Research and recommend new technology to enhance user experience
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life cycle
- Willing and able to write tests with Jasmine, Karma, and Protractor
- Competency in using GIT and GitFlow, including reviewing and commenting on pull requests
- Knowledge of and experience with RESTful web services/APIs, including ability to use OpenAPI documentation and Postman
- Knowledge of and experience with OpenID Connect (OAuth2) framework, specifically implementing authentication/authorization in an Angular application
- Expert understanding of the HTTP request/response paradigm
The Ideal Candidate:
- Broad experience in user interface design and front-end development
- Willing to mentor and build other members of the team
- Willing to work closely with business analysts on usability and design Knowledge Services
Judging Criteria: * HTML/CSS
- Code Patterns and Code Design skills
- Tooling (Such as: GIT, VSCode, Jenkins, Jira, GitHub, Confluence)
- Ability to help team
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 06:20:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!