Front End Web Developer
Job title: Front End Web Developer
Company: Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc.
Job description: Must be authorized to work in the United States
Some travel may be required
Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Columbus Technologies and Services Inc. is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Columbus offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Front End Web Developer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in MD.
This is a long-term position which offers:
– Competitive salary
– Tremendous growth opportunity
– Opportunity to work at NIH, the world’s foremost medical research center
– Learn more about what Columbus can do for you at
- Develop and maintain Drupal websites on Acquia Cloud platform, including website theming, building and module development.
- Coordinate front-end website design process, including wireframes, design mockups, style sheets, graphics, photos, flash animations and banners for NHGRI websites to ensure proper display of all content, including that of a scientific and technical nature.
- Develop mobile-friendly websites using responsive frameworks to ensure proper display of all content, including data visualizations and other content of a scientific and technical nature.
- Analyze website traffic and user experience data using Google Analytics and other tools to make recommendations about website usability and design.
- Design and develop email marketing templates for public email subscription services through MailChimp.
- Ensure website design and imagery meet search engine optimization (SEO) standards and best practices.
- Discuss scientific and technical concepts with NHGRI research staff to coordinate design and development of science based websites.
- Ensure compliance with standards by adhering to government information security and privacy regulations.
- Provide documentation as required and participate in code reviews, planning sessions, and routine status meetings.
- Provide support for legacy applications, including the NHGRI Intranet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Web Development or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Drupal 7/8 development and site building, including a deep understanding of Drupal core functionality such as views, built-in modules, content types, taxonomy, search and configuration.
- Experience configuring, maintaining and using content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal.
- Experience improving search engine optimization (SEO).
- Experience working with Adobe XD or Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and other design tools.
- Experience working with Cloud/Amazon Web Services, Windows Server and Linux servers.
- Experience working with databases; Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Maria.
- Experience developing mobile-friendly websites using frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Experience with code versioning systems such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial.
- Expert knowledge of User Experience (UX), Web design usability principles, and Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Experience in working in a team of web editors, programmers and designers in order to create user friendly websites and products.
- Ability to troubleshoot, multi task and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable about core concepts in genomics and biomedical research.
Location: Bethesda, MD
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:28:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!