Senior Back-end Engineer
Job title: Senior Back-end Engineer
Job description: OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
Each month, millions of customers use our web and native apps (powered by our custom e-commerce backend) to help make better decisions about the products they use in their homes. We work in Agile product teams to cultivate autonomy, collaboration, and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (Python, Django, PostGres, Vue, Redis, Kubernetes, AWS, Swift, Kotlin, Java), using new technologies as needed. Our CI/CD pipelines make sure we get to production several times a day, and understand the impact of our work. Our strong unit test suites (well…only medium-strong on the front-end) and end-to-end Selenium and Cypress tests let us refactor and release with certainty. We operate with shared trust and enjoy being ‘in this together’ to meet the challenges of a scaling business.
- Contribute insights, share information, and train other engineers on best practices and techniques for high-quality software deliverables
- Partner with engineering leadership to create a technology roadmap and deliver against it
- Help scale our systems and improve performance holistically
- Push grove’s ecosystem towards a service oriented architecture
- Help derisk deploys, decouple software entities, and improve the overall developer experience
- Advocate for new and better ways we should develop, and discover and implement new best practices for the development organization
- Contribute back to the open source projects we rely on
- 5+ years of software development
- Good experience with backend architectures, service design and creating scalable patterns to match our growth. Expertise with python and Django is a big plus.
- Good Exposure to storage (SQL, noSQL databases) and caching (Memcache, Redis, other) technologies.
- You love clean code and robust design
- You value and take responsibility for the quality of your features, including writing your own tests (unit, functional and integration) and reviewing your teammates’ code
- Keen nose for bad code smells
- Motivated in learning and helping your team be successful
- Innovator with strong problem-solving abilities and a results-oriented attitude
- Core Benefits: Stock options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options, Short term and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Perks: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Perkspot discount platform, Quarterly peer recognition awards, Class Pass discount, Free VIP Membership + 25% off every Grove order
- Work/Life: WFH stipend + internet reimbursement, Flexible Paid Time Off, 12 week Paid Parental Leave + discounts on fertility services
ABOUT GROVE COLLABORATIVE:
Launched in 2016 as a Certified B Corp, Grove Collaborative creates innovative natural products and offers a curated selection of healthy home essentials like cleaning supplies and personal care products. With a flexible, monthly delivery model and a personal Grove Guide assigned to each customer, Grove’s platform makes it easy for people to switch to healthier, more sustainable routines. Every item Grove offers, both from their flagship Grove Collaborative brand and from exceptional third party brands, has been thoroughly vetted against strict standards for sustainability, efficacy and supply chain practices. On a mission to move Beyond Plastic, Grove is the first and only plastic neutral retailer in the world and is committed to becoming 100% plastic-free by 2025. For more information, please visit .
Let’s do this
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It’s a heck of a lot of fun, and we’d love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Location: Durham, NC
Job date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 05:05:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!