Senior Back-end Engineer
Job title: Senior Back-end Engineer
Job description: Job Description
Looking for a Senior Back-end Engineer for a thriving company that is disrupting the public safety industry as the SaaS leader for smart communities. They enable their customers to fuse sensors and data from a variety of sources to dramatically enhance the safety of schools, venues, places of worship, and communities as a whole. Their solution has powered the Super Bowl, XGames, and NCAA Final Four.
Position Overview: Looking for a seasoned Back-end Engineer to join their stellar software engineering team in a quest to build the most scalable, secure, functional SaaS platform for Public Safety. While this is an individual contributor role, you’ll be involved in many aspects — helping evolve the existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality.
The deal candidate will be responsible for designing and developing robust and scalable software. Somone looking for someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. Experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great that ultimately saves lives in the communities where we live, work and play.
What You’ll Do:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Work with the team to come up with the best implementation approach
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate your work
- Design and develop robust, scalable software and REST services using Python Django/Flask frameworks
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Improve existing functionality and work on bug fixes
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
Who You Are:
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- You have proven experience as Python developer.
- You thrive on Python, Django, Flask, DRF, PostgreSQL.
- Experience using and creating scalable web-based RESTful APIs.
- You have proven experience with AWS services.
- You focus on writing clean, well designed and scalable code.
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality.
- You have unquenchable desire to keep learning and getting better.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task.
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning.
- Medical • Dental • Vision • Life/AD&D • Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Generous leave policy
Expected salary: $80000 – 115000 per year
Job date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 04:35:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!