Senior Back End Software Engineer
Job title: Senior Back End Software Engineer
Job description: SENIOR BACK END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Improving experiences is why InMoment exists. Our mission is to help our clients improve experiences at the intersection of value-where customer, employee, and business needs come together. The heart of what we do is connect our clients with what matters most through a unique combination of data, technology, and human expertise. With our hyper-modern technology platform, decades of domain authority, and global teams of experts, we uniquely deliver a focus on Experience Improvement (XI) to help our clients own the moments that matter. Take a moment and learn more at inmoment.com
At InMoment, we believe inclusion and diversity is essential to our success. Our favorite core value is “human” and demonstrating respect and open-mindedness toward others is central to our culture.
Simply put, Leave Your Mark is the brand of InMoment’s culture, but it’s also more than that-it’s a selfless way of living in all areas of life. Every moment offers a new opportunity to make an impact. We take deliberate action to make the lives of our families, teammates, clients, and community better within every interaction. The question is, what mark will you choose to leave?
Who wants to build cool stuff? Here at InMoment you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the best experts in software development, plus learn some really fun tech along the way.
If you’re interested in an exceptionally collaborative environment and sharing what you know with others, then this is the right place. We hire enthusiastic, committed individuals who are interested in building some of the best cross-platform software in the industry.
We believe in diversity and inclusion and welcome anyone with the right skills and experience as listed below to be a part of the team-even if you’re a Last Jedi fan. (We hire those, too.)
Interested? Come chat with us!
- Write and maintain secure, scaleable, efficient code for the InMoment platform
- Deploy your code on Kubernetes in the Cloud (sometimes multiple times a day)
- Build and maintain Operational Visibility Dashboards to monitor your components
- Learn and share expertise with teammates through code reviews and other avenues
- Guide team members in security minded development and best practices
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Implement automated tests to ensure fulfillment of business and functional requirements
- Participate in the creation of automated test frameworks for use by software engineers and quality assurance engineers to assist with automated test coverage
- Mentor less experienced members of the team
- Coordinate with software engineers and product managers to identify automation needs early in the software development lifecycle
- Integrate with assigned product development team and participate in cross-functional collaborations
- Investigate and onboard new technologies onto our technology stack
WHY WE WANT YOU
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You build scalable and distributed microservices architecture using following: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Node.js, Hibernate, RESTful Web services, build tools such as Gradle and Maven, conduct test automation using JUnit test framework, and Web Service and API testing using SoapUI, and Postman/Newman.
- You are proficient with version control systems including Git-based repository (GitLab/GitHub/Bitbucket)
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You have experience with deploying software in Docker Containers and running on Kubernetes
- You have experience with SQL (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL datastore such as MongoDB
- You have experience with distributed streaming event platforms like Kafka.
- You are a security minded developer and advocate with experience using commercial enterprise automated security testing/analysis tools such as Black Duck, Fortify and Burp suite is a plus.
- You have experience developing secure multi-tenant enterprise applications.
- You have exposure to or interest in AI/ML/Analytics
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others.
- You help scope, estimate and prioritize work.
- You care about how your work and attitude affects those around you. I mean really care. Everything you do runs through this filter.
- You like to experiment: you’re comfortable with trying things, occasionally failing, and trying something else.
- You like to learn new technologies and use them in the real world.
- You are self-motivated. You will need to have your self-motivation kicked into high gear.
- You are experienced working with a remote team. We use Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, JIRA and other technologies to make this as painless as possible.
- You have experience solving problems in production
WHAT WE VALUE
- BS / Master’s in computer engineering, computer science or other related technical field
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- The ability to learn by doing and a desire to learn new concepts and solve problems
- Demonstrated proficiency developing, managing, and monitoring highly-available and distributed software
- Experience with Kubernetes, ElasticSearch and/or Kafka is a plus (If you have all 3: we definitely want you!)
- You have experience with in-house data centers as well as cloud computing platforms – AWS/Azure/GCP. AWS preferred.
- You have experience maintaining software systems that have been in production for a long time and you have worked through triaging, identifying and fixing production issues
- Willingness to jump in and use unfamiliar technologies to help any engineering team should the need arise
At InMoment, diversity and inclusion is at the core of who we are. InMoment prides itself on an inclusive culture that promotes, encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees and clients. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and believe that different perspectives, interests and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 05:39:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!