Senior Back-End Software Engineer (Java OR Python) / REMOTE FOR ANY US BASED EAST COAST LOCATION
Job title: Senior Back-End Software Engineer (Java OR Python) / REMOTE FOR ANY US BASED EAST COAST LOCATION
Job description: Reed Tech is a LexisNexis Company (subsidiary of RELX) building product and service solutions to help Commercial Intellectual Property (IP) professionals perform search, analysis and reporting on the entire patent lifecycle. At LexisNexis IP, we believe that whenever a person works on a patent and understands the future trajectory of a specific technology, that person has the potential to fundamentally change how society operates. We are proud to directly support and serve these innovators in their endeavors to better humankind.
Helping customers reach their goals is LexisNexis IP’s primary focus. We enable innovators to accomplish more by helping them make informed decisions, be more productive, comply with regulations and ultimately achieve superior results. Our overall success is measured by how well we deliver these results.
We serve , researchers, law firms, patent authorities, competition authorities, universities and financial services firms by delivering better outcomes to all who create, prosecute, defend and analyze innovation. Our solutions support the innovation ecosystem to enable you to be more effective and efficient at bringing meaningful innovations to our world.
Growth within the Reed Tech team means that we are looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer. You are passionate about technology and eager to learn, grow and develop in this supportive, collaborative team transforming our systems managing the US patent processing platform. Working in conjunction with our application developers, your focus will be on creating and transforming our application technology stacks into common services that will enhance the developer and customer experience. You will gain hands on experience with building and delivering services within the cloud (AWS and Azure).
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Engineering experience in either Java OR Python.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience showing strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading and architecting software solutions.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and building web applications with expertise in related concepts like microservices, SOA (REST / gRPC) and API design.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of working knowledge in Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, or noSQL databases.
- Strong Search Testing background.
- Docker/Containerization experience.
- Unit Test and Integration testing experience.
- Strong preference for individuals with experience development and deploying applications using AWS and/or Azure cloud.
- Knowledgeable of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban).
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Expertise in development languages including but not limited to JSP, C/C++, HTML, XML , SQL and .Net.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Job date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 03:19:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!