Senior Java Back-End Developer
Job title: Senior Java Back-End Developer
Job description: Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients.
Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) within CMIST builds clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon’s broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. Considering the core nature of the business and the dominant market share, high-performance and resiliency are key pillars of the technology architecture. The group is currently focused on Repo Modernization, which will pave the way to the Future of Collateral for the business – providing strengthened platform resiliency and new trade capabilities within a unified system. All CCT applications are built for real-time operations aided by a data warehouse for reporting and business insights.
We are looking for strong developers who are excited about building this next generation system. They will have the unique opportunity to build a sophisticated high performance capital markets system using the latest technology stack and best software engineering practices. They will become the members of the core team driving it forward and will have a significant impact in how it’s implemented. This is a senior level position but hands-on individual contributor role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10 to 14 years of experience in software development required
- 10+ years of experience in Java tech stack – RESTful APIs, Webservices, Spring suite and framework
- Familiar with SDLC, DevOps processes – CI/CD tools, Git, etc.
- Good Understanding of Messaging frameworks like Kafka, MQ
- Strong SQL skills (Sybase preferred but Oracle and MS SQL Server)
- Knowledge or use of an IDE, such as Eclipse or IDEA
- Knowledge of Scrum and XP methodologies and ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills
- Ability to perform with minimal management supervision
- Strong Communication Skills
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong experience with AngularJS and Angular (recent versions highly preferred), and Python
- Knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 96019
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 2102004
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 23:18:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!