Senior Web Developer – Growth
Job title: Senior Web Developer – Growth
Job description: Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
As a Senior Web Developer on the Growth team, you will work with other developers and stakeholders to bring our digital web user journeys to life. You’ll partner with a variety of teams – from content producers and marketing analytics teams, to design, UX, and our SEO team to ensure the website is technically sound, optimized, and successful in helping us achieve our goals and KPIs. You will work directly with Product and Growth Engineering Management to define, architect, and build seamless website experiences that drive user acquisition and retention at PagerDuty. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Design and develop websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them
- Code and implement custom WordPress sites from design layouts, or plugins
- Ensure proper instrumentation of tools to track user behavior, metrics, etc as well as produce automated tests using tools
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content for existing websites.
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle and facilitate site documentation and maintenance
- Lead new projects from concept through launch. Collaborate with Product Managers to produce wireframe mock-ups, architectures and flows. Then lead usability workshops to refine workflows, get buy in, and progress to implementation.
- Build and deployment strategies for multiple environments are a plus
- You’re not a designer, but you know good web UX design and conversion best practices when you see them. You understand usability, responsive design, testing, and technical SEO
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, requirements gathering, sprint processes and ceremonies. Able to lead the group and help prioritize work
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time without sacrificing attention to detail
- Collaborate with and influence other developers leveraging your clear communication skills
- 5+ years experience working in a high-paced web development growth team
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Past experience and/or strong passion in building global websites and apps
- Influence cross team initiatives and mentor junior engineers
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices, including technical SEO
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs (Zendesk, WordPress, Discourse, Drift, Marketo)
- Experience having scaled websites to meet business requirements
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Proficiency in design applications (Invision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Jira or other agile management tools is a plus
- Knowledge of accessibility standards is a plus
- Experience with Docker containers and CI tools
- Experience working with Cloudflare and a general understanding of DNS, edge networks, and HTTP protocol
Please Note: This role may be filled at a different level dependent on the candidate and based out of our San Francisco, Toronto, or Atlanta offices. Relocation Assistance not available at this time.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other . ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all – members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 02:03:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!