Software Engineer – Java Platform Web Developer
Job title: Software Engineer – Java Platform Web Developer
Company: Wells Fargo
Job description: Job Description
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Legal Technology Java Platform Web Developer will provide technology leadership and solution development for the Legal Technology Matter Management application platform. This role provides a critical software engineering function in serving the Wells Fargo Legal department to develop key business functionality. Matter Management is a key platform for the Legal department used by Attorneys, Paralegals, Compliance Managers, and Fees Consultants to manage the day-to-day Legal operations.
- Acts as expert technical engineering resource to agile team in Java web development, testing, and implementation process
- Works as part of Agile Scrum team to support user story definition and solution development
- Works closely with engineers on peer or external teams to deliver solutions
- Analyzes user stories, designs and writes functional and technical specifications to develop creative application solutions
- Authors custom functions and business logic in Java and Groovy.
- Performs unit testing of assigned stories
- Works with business analysts, development teams and project managers on project deliverables
- Develops system documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Works with platform vendor to integrate solutions and troubleshoot problems with application code
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class application development to provide competitive advantage.
- Actively participate in Peer review of development team code
- Develop proof of concept coding efforts to determine project integration viability or direction
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 4+ years of Hibernate experience
- 5+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of experience with source coding in one or a combination of the following: GitHub, SVN(Subversion), TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control) or TFSGit (Team Foundation Server)
- 2 + years of experience with Eclipse IDE
- 2+ years of configuration management experience, development experience, or a combination of both working with Wolters Kluwer Passport Platform
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of financial services experience
- 2+ years of JIRA experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of business rules management systems such as: Ilog, Jrules, Blaze, or Drools
- Knowledge and understanding of Groovy
- Knowledge and understanding of Selenium software testing framework
- Knowledge and understanding of Apache
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Unit Testing tools such as JUnit
- Proven software development experience with secure coding concepts
- Experience in integration of Exchange services with Java or REST APIs
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St – Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd – Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit for benefits information.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 08:24:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!