Sr. Web Developer (React Node – WL)
Job title: Sr. Web Developer (React Node – WL)
Company: Covenant Consulting
Job description: TITLE: Sr. Web Developer (React/Node) – (2100WL)
LOCATION: 10990 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS 66211
COVID STATUS: Onsite or Remote – Flexible
TYPE: Perm – targeting 100-120K
ON-BOARDING PROCESS: Immediate
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with 3-5 Years of Experience
- Initial interview will be w/ Hiring Manager – video call
- Interview w/ 1-2 technical resources
JOB SUMMARY * The Sr. Web Developer leverages advanced software programming skills and strong understanding of digital best practices to develop, implement and maintain web-based business solutions.
- The Sr. Web Developer works collaboratively with business partners to develop e-commerce and web-based self-service solutions promoting customer engagement and retention.
- The Sr. Web Developer leads, mentors and guides a team of web developers and participates as a member of a fast-paced agile team and collaborates cross-functionally to design and implement solutions providing competitive advantage to business operations.
- The focus of this position includes advanced website development, web applications, and enhancements to existing sites and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established web/digital programming standards, methods and best practices.
- Gather and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers in implementing solutions.
- Work with development teams to integrate web solutions with company systems and third-party platforms.
- Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
- Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct research into new technologies, development practices and frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
- Work with vendor development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
- Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Follow, contribute and support Agile-based software development practices.
- Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
COMPETENCIES * Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS * Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Lead the development of cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
- 3-5 years of experience in web related programming and technologies.
- Experience as a team lead would be nice to have
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner and effective problem solver.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Great team player with positive attitude.
- Experience integrating codebase with CI/CD processes using Gitlab, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Experience integrating with CMS and other systems through an API-driven approach is preferred.
- Work with multiple departments within the organization such as marketing, sales, UX, vendors, and analytics professionals.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalable software design.
- Advanced experience with Java, JSP nice to have.
- Advanced understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with Spring preferred.
- Experience with Cloud technologies preferred.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
Covenant Consulting strives to attract, cultivate and retain exceptional talent. If you feel you are a match for the position, and are interested in a great growth opportunity, we encourage you to contact Shannon.McInnis@Covenant-Consulting.com
Covenant Consulting is a Technology Services Provider offering project-based IT consulting, IT staffing and IT recruiting services. Every partnership reflects our uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. We have extensive experience and capabilities in project-based consulting, short and long-term staff augmentation, and permanent recruitment. We work with companies of every size, across many industries and have the flexibility to scale solutions to meet our client’s specific needs.
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 00:11:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!