Job title: Web Developer
Job description: Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary: The Global Merchant Lending (GML) team is responsible for building PayPal’s Working Capital and Business Loan products that have already originated more than $15 Billion in funding to over 300,000 businesses. We call it “Dream Fuel”. GML products give businesses access to the capital they need, but faster and easier than traditional loans. The impact we have on our customers’ businesses is what drives us to innovate.
With us, you will enjoy designing technical solutions, working with stakeholders to ensure we develop the correct product for the job at hand. You will make key technical decisions and communicate them effectively. You will lead the implementation of those solutions in an agile environment. We have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid code that scales and performs well. We are looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
You will work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop systems powering the top growth opportunity in PayPal.
As a Senior Web Developer with a focus on UI, you will create and lead-others-through-example to create delightful experiences for our customers. This includes everything from the frontend through the backend. You will work with a team of highly collaborative Engineers following team-defined standards and practices in an Agile environment. As part of the team you will create, test, and deploy these software experiences. During the week work is accomplished through individually picking up tasks, writing code, reviewing each other’s code, and preparing it for a release. This includes coordinating with QA engineers to ensure work is well written and well tested before going live.
The successful candidate will perform the following activities:
- Develop, grow, and lead part of our high-performing software engineering organization, and be a hands-on technology expert.
- Use software development tools, techniques, and processes to design, develop and deliver robust software.
- Use Agile/Scrum methodology along with waterfall/SDLC techniques to ensure that projects are completed in alignment with scope and schedule.
- Enable and empower teams to build and deploy high-quality software on a regular and frequent basis.
- Ensure appropriate design, implementation, testing, delivery, and support of our systems.
- Consistently provide good engineering suggestions on process improvements and code architecture
- Contribute to the appropriate design, implementation, testing, delivery, and support of our systems.
- Drive a culture of obsession around customer focus and delivering a great online customer experience.
- Be an evangelist and driver for technology innovations.
- Communicate clearly with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
A successful individual will have experience with (or understand of) the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major
- 2+ years of experience providing mentorship and technical leadership to other software engineers
- Familiar with MVC/MVP software design. Relevant technologies: Angular, React, Vue, NodeJS
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, SOA concepts and GraphQL
- Worked on projects with source control/version or package management. Relevant technologies: Github, git, npm
- Explain how the backend affects front-end experiences more than just performance. Relevant technologies: C#, TypeScript, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Works on a team following Agile sprints that are customer oriented. Relevant technologies: JIRA, Confluence
- Familiar with build tools and build pipelines including continuous development (CD), continuous integration (CI), and continuous testing (CT). Relevant technologies: Github, TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins, npm, Selenium, webdriver
- Knows about Amazon Web Services (AWS) or server hosting. Relevant technologies: EC2, S3, NodeJS, Windows/IIS, including containers such as Docker
- A benefit to understanding a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to aid in debugging. Relevant technologies: Postman, cURL, Web Inspector, Swagger
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Remote New York, New York, United States of America
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 23:51:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!