Job title: Web Developer
Company: 532 Group, LLC
Job description: Our team supporting the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is looking for a Web Developer (100% remote, from USA locations only).
An ideal candidate has done a migration from PHP to React (or Angular), has strong MySQL and PostGreSQL skills, and is experienced with AWS Lambda.
532 Group, LLC (“532 Group”) provides business and technology consulting services to Federal Government clients. Our firm is notable for solving problems and delivering significant performance improvements. We help our clients achieve exceptional results in Software Development, Data Science, Cybersecurity, and Program Management.
This is a great opportunity for a Web Developer (100% remote, USA locations only) to support the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
Employment Type: Full Time Employee or 1099.
Duration: 7 month opportunity, potential multi-year extension
Work Authorization: Must be a U.S. Citizen. Must be able to pass a background investigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
Maintain and expand a currently implemented web application and its components in a technology stack comprised of React, Node, PHP, Python, MySQL, PostGreSQL, AWS Lambda and hosted in AWS GovCloud.
- Rapidly deliver lightweight back-end services and maintain our front-end.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Teams in requirements decomposition, backlog refinement, and breakdown of user stories and tasks.
- Interaction with stakeholder and SMEs in support of the Product Owner.
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs.
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of American Veterans and their families.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of direct experience with MySQL and PostGreSQL.
- 2+ years of continuous experience in React (Angular experience also considered); (if you do not have React or Angular experience please do not apply)
- 1+ years of experience with AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Serverless Framework.
- Must be able to design, discuss, and document system strategies for platform, applications, and networks.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs for consumption by front-end developers.
- Experience integrating with external REST and SOAP web services.
- Experience writing both unit and end-to-end automated tests.
- Experience working with frequently updated open-source libraries.
- Strong desire to contribute to a rapidly changing open-source platform.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and SOLID design principles.
- Proficient with Git, GitHub, and Markdown text.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related fields. On a special case-by-case basis, five years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for highly qualified candidates.
- Preferred: Veterans Affairs experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Cloud Formation EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, and networking in AWS.
- Experience with Docker, ECS.
- Experience with CI/CD implementation.
- Experience using AWS RDS and MySQL based databases.
- Public contributions to GitHub and/or open-source projects.
- Familiarity with PHP, Node.js, and React.js.
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and Lambda.
- Experience using JSON:API and JSON Schema standards.
- Experience supporting public-facing web applications with a large user base.
- Experience with AWS Lambda deployments.
Benefits and Perks
- We believe in offering great benefits: Competitive Salary, 401(k), Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 23:21:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!