Web Developer, Atlanta, GA
Job title: Web Developer, Atlanta, GA
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Job description: Job Description:
Web Developer, Atlanta, GA
The position will provide professional assistance for the Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS). The developer will assist with the development support for internet, intranet, and SharePoint.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the operability or all branch electronic communication and data platforms including internet, intranet, and SharePoint.
- Assist in compiling visit counts of the branch of all branch platforms.
- Develop branch internet sites/pages as needs and priorities change in the Division as described by the Associate Director for Communications (ADC).
- Assist in website architecture and content management for all branch internet sites.
- Develop graphical user interfaces for web-based systems that supports various projects in the branch.
- Support all phases of web development from evaluation, analysis, and design to development and subsequently ongoing maintenance and support.
- Provide programming support using standard approaches for branch websites, blogs, SharePoint and email listservs (e.g., GovDelivery notifications).
- Comply with CDC and Section 508 guidelines.
- Close caption all videos and videos utilized externally to comply with CDC’s WCAG (formerly called 508 compliancy) guidelines.
- Provide expertise in the design and layout of graphical fact sheets, newsletters, and communication materials, as well as user interfaces in the MS.Net development environment.
- Work with a variety of multi-media such as flash animation and use of various players.
- Stays updated on and leverages available resources – e.g. attends training, reviews user documentation, reviews previous support tickets & responses
- Create functional HTML prototypes based on design mock-ups.
- Translate mock-ups into clean code, adhering to coding, template standards and style guidelines.
- Keep up-to-date on Section 508 accessibility requirements and ensure all web pages and web files are compliant.
- Ensure new pages meet standards for device and browser compatibility.
- Create and optimize 508 compliant images and PDFs for the web using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Acrobat).
- Migrate existing web content from old to new templates and implement template upgrades. Deploy new sites using current template, including configuration of associated files (navigation, heater, footer, etc.).
· No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree Required.
· Experience in web development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of 508 guidelines.
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Acrobat).
· Work is conducted in a climate controlled office environment.
· The environment may require prolonged sitting, prolonged standing, and light lifting up to 20 lbs.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 23:45:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!