Web Site Developer with WordPress
Job title: Web Site Developer with WordPress
Company: Programmer Resources International
Job description: Job Description:
- Looking for an experienced WordPress developer to support development, maintenance and management of multiple web sites on WordPress platform and other digital projects as assigned.
- The successful candidate would be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and updating plugins.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred.
- Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code.
- Theme/template integration.
- Knowledge of WordPress Engine and similar hosting platforms
- developing wire-frame mock-ups to illustrate possible solutions
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wire-frames into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Knowledge of different PHP frameworks, libraries, or any other technology relevant to WordPress Multisite
- Understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin.
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Client-facing demeanor for Training & Support.
Location: Ellisville, MO
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 05:57:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!